April 30,2020 (18:30 AEST | 18:00 ACST | 16:30 AWST) | Venue: Online using Zoom
Presenter: Paul Harris
Organisation: AACE Australia
Paul Harris presented this paper at the AACE Conference in San Diego in 2018 and will be giving a presentation of the paper to AACE members in Australia.
Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera P6 and Asta Powerproject are three commonly used software packages in the building and construction industry. There are many techniques used to update a schedule and the selected technique is influenced by many factors including:
- The software package being used;
- The user’s knowledge and skill in the software package
- Contract requirements
This paper identifies and introduces three different principle techniques used in the building and construction industry to update a schedule. The aims are to outline:
- The three techniques that are currently used to update a schedule;
- The advantages and disadvantages of each technique; and
- How each software package supports the three techniques.